9.05.2006

long division

she told me that i had beautiful hands
i looked down and i laughed
because?
of course i should.

when she told me i had beautiful eyes
i believed her.
because it was convenient

"you can get anything you want with those eyes, cant you?"

but my petrified deer look
when she asked if she would see me again
made me feel like a monster
i would spend the rest of my time avoiding her

even when she said
"look! i can pull off 'boy'..."
gorgeous,
with her baseball hat holding all that hair back behind her ears

i just tilted my head and smiled and looked at the boardwalk
and knew that after dinner I would never see her again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slut!

:)

8:41 AM  
Blogger Tony Adams said...

I like this. Think I'll read it again.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home